The Benefits of Chlorophyll
Chlorophyll is what makes leaves green. When you blend your greens in a green smoothie or juice them the cell walls inside the leaves are ruptured which releases the chlorophyll into your drink. When you drink it, it almost instantly starts to absorb into your system through the thin skin of your mouth. Talk about some fast medicine!
Benefits of Chlorophyll
1) Anti Carcinogenic: Chlorophyll protects against carcinogens found in fungus-laden foods such as nuts and grains, the toxins from cooked meats, and air-borne carcinogens (from pollution). It blocks the metabolism in the body of harmful chemicals known as procarcinogens that damage DNA. Studies published in the journals Carcinogenesis and Food and Chemical Toxicology clearly display that chlorophyll inhibits carcinogenesis.
2) Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory: containing high levels of the vitamins A, C and E, liquid chlorophyll has strong antioxidant capacity and has also been found to help reduce inflammation.
Chelation of Heavy Metals: chlorophyll is one of the most important chelates in nature. It’s ability to bind to and remove toxic heavy metals such as mercury makes it an extremely powerful healer.
3) Antiseptic: while liquid chlorophyll doesn’t actually have antiseptic properties of its own, it, quite remarkably, DOES have the ability to aid our body’s tissue in destroying germs.
4) Treats Bad Breath: This one is a real bonus and really works! Chlorophyll has a double-action remedy for bad breath. Firstly, as a deodoriser, it will eliminate odours in the mouth and throat, but secondly (and more importantly) it promotes a healthy digestive tract – which is the primary reason for bad breath.
5) Contains Vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium, protein: which are all also essential in building and repairing red blood cells and boosting our immune system.
There are liquid forms and powder forms of Chlorophyll, but the best way to get them is fresh. Greens Smoothies are my favorite!
Speaking of Green Smoothies…if you want to discover an easy way to get more chlorophyll in your day, the easy and tasty way, sign up for the 21 Day Green Smoothies for Breakfast Challenge.