- For the pancakes:
- 1 small ripe banana
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked
- ¾ cup pecans, soaked
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup coconut nectar, raw honey or raw agave
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground golden flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons crushed cacao nibs
- For toppings:
- Sliced bananas
- Fresh raspberries
- Maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients, except the flax and cacao nibs in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour batter into a mixing bowl and add the flaxseed and cacao nibs, stirring to combine.
- Spread the batter onto non-stick lined dehydrator trays, into 4 – 5 inch circles.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees F for approximately 24 hours, flipping once after 10 hours to remove the non-stick backing. Continue dehydrating on the mesh dehydrator trays.
- Serve warm with fresh raspberries, sliced bananas and maple syrup.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Raw Food Rehab