Today we had a kitchen hangout!
Actually we were in our own kitchens and did a Google Hangout.
And this is what we made!
Macaroons! I made Strawberry Macaroons with freeze dried strawberries. Kristen made Strawberry Macaroons with fresh strawberries and Lindy made Blueberry Macaroons with fresh blueberries.
These are Hail Merry knock-off and just as tasty.
Want to watch?
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 bag freeze dried strawberries or raspberries (1.2 ounces), I use Trader Joes brand
- 3-4 tablespoons of maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar, to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- ? teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Process the ingredients for 2-3 minutes until the shredded coconut beings to break down. Depending on how textured you like it, as long as the ingredients are well incorporated, the will hold together well.
- Drop the batter, about 2-3 teaspoons worth onto a lined cookie sheet. I used my small cookie scoop.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to harden for 10-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.